TUNZE Calcium Automat 3171
A circulation pump is used to pass the water enriched with carbon dioxide through the hardness granulate. The carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid which dissolves the calcium carbonate, thus discharging softened water from the reactor.
All models are self priming, which significantly facilitates their operational start. The water flow rate is adjusted prior to the granulate, and will thus remain very consistent over time. All devices are equipped with a reabsorption function for the undissolved gases, and therefore consume very little CO2. 3171 use a cover with a wide opening, and contain a special connector for an internal pH probe.
- For marine aquariums up to 1,200 liters (317 USgal.) depending on the coral population.
- Energy consumption: 17 W (25 W)
- Voltage / frequency: 230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz)
- Cable length: 2.2 m (86.6 in.)
- External operation or in a cabinet (recommended), self-priming.
- Filling quantity: 1,850 ml (488.7 USgal.), without filling
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 230 x 150 x 350 mm
(9.1 x 5.9 x 13.8 in.)