Tropic Marin Elimi-Phos Rapid 500ml
Don't let excess phosphate ruin your tank with nuisance algae and poor coral health. Elimi-Phos Rapid is a Lanthanum-based treatment for extremely rapid and highly-effective phosphate reduction.
Particularly during new aquarium "break-in" and during rock curing and cycling, phosphate can often rapidly accumulate in the water. During this time Lanthanum chloride products are ideal for rapidly precipitating phosphate from the water column to prevent future issues in a maturing aquarium. In some cases in an established aquarium, an accumulation of phosphates from various sources may benefit from rapid but controlled phosphate reduction in order to restore recommended levels. Excessive phosphates in the water can lead to strong algae growth and a reduction in the growth of corals. This is why it is important to monitor the phosphate concentration in an aquarium regularly and maintain the level in the optimum range. We recommend a general range of phosphate from 0.02 ppm to 0.15 ppm and in reef aquariums from 0.02 ppm to 0.1 ppm.
Elimi-Phos Rapid is a highly-effective solution based on Lanthanum which binds phosphates rapidly and eliminates them from the water. Phosphate can be lowered quickly to a range between 0.2 – 0.4 mg/l (ppm). Lanthanum-based phosphate removers are also convenient because they can be dosed by hand or with the use of a dosing pump in very precise amounts for specific targeted reductions.
- Extremely rapid removal of high phosphates
- Highly-effective Lanthanum based solution
- Phosphate concentration can be lowered quickly to a range between 0.2 – 0.4 mg/l (ppm)
Directions for Use
- 500 ml of Elimi-Phos Rapid will bind up to 5 grams of phosphates, i.e. 10 mL per 26 gallons will reduce phosphate concentrations by up to 1 ppm.
- Phosphate reduction treatment is most effective with a skimmer or fine mechanical filter which will remove the precipitated phosphate from the system. A dropwise addition directly before filtration using a dosing pump is optimal.
- Measure the phosphate concentration in your aquarium and then calculate the required amount of Elimi-Phos Rapid. We recommend reducing the phosphate concentration by no more than 0.1 ppm per day. This equates to a maximum of 1 ml per 26 gallons of system water volume.
Note: All organisms require traces of phosphate. 0.00 ppm phosphate is not recommended. The optimum range for a reef tank is .02 ppm to .1 ppm.
1. Some tangs and potentially other fish may be sensitive to Lanthanum treatments. Excercise caution and do not dose to the display. In tanks where this may be a concern, we recommend starting at a very low dosage followed by careful observation. Should you observe any signs of stress in individual organisms, you should stop the treatment for 1 – 2 days or until the symptoms have disappeared and then continue at a half dose.
2. Keep an eye on the carbonate hardness as occasionally it can drop slightly.