Skimz Pur Carbon
Skimz Pur CARB-G4 is a high performance 4mm pellet carbon with superior pore space, ideally suited to remove dissolved organic waste, foul odours, toxins and water discoloration. Pur CARB-G4 will make your water crystal clear to permits maximum penetration of light which help to improve the health of your corals.
Skimz Pur CARB-G4 is processed by high temperature steam activation which produces highest quality carbon, allowing it to adsorb a wide range of organic compounds. Because of its huge degree of micro-porosity, one gram can have up to 1225 m² of surface area.
Skimz Pur CARB-G4 has a very low ash content, it does not affect pH in the aquarium and is safe for all types of aquariums, even sensitive reef systems with complex organisms.
• Small pellet size for high surface area
• Low dust content that is easier to rinse
• Wide variety of pore sizes
• Superior hardness
• Iodine number, mg/g - 1000
• Hardness number, min. - 97
• Total surface area, m²/g - 1225
1. Use half cup (125 ml) of Pur CARB-G4 for every 200 litres (50 gallons) of aquarium water volume.
2. Pour the required quantity into a polyester or nylon filter bag.
3. Rinse Pur CARB-G4 under tap water to remove any dust before use.
4. Place Pur CARB-G4 in path of water flow within the aquarium filter and flatten out as much as possible.
5. Replace Pur CARB-G4 every 3 to 6 months depending on stocking density.
6. Remove Pur CARB-G4 when treating your fish with medication as it may reduce the performance. Unused Pur CARB-G4 should be kept sealed in it's original container until required. Use Pur CARB-0G4 to remove the medication after treatment is completed.